Welcome!

Since 1938, Ann's Bakery has been serving the Tulsa area with delectable treats, wholesome goodies, and artistry that can't be matched. We hope you enjoy what we share and will come back again and again!

Friday, January 14, 2011

Gluten Free Cakes and Cookies

Well, we have finally made it through the holidays, and we are into the new year.....YAY!  We are trying hard this year to implement some gluten free cakes and cookies, although, we are not able to designate a "complete gluten free" area.  We are hoping to at least be able to serve some with the less extreme cases of celiacs.  The ingredients are gluten free, the bowls, mixers, and pans are all designated to gluten free, but the oven we use, bakes everything we make.  This disease is taking over, I'm learning that so many people have been mis-diagnosed with other issues, such as colitis, acid reflux, fibromyalgia etc, but once they eliminated gluten from their diets, their health improved dramatically.  This was also the case with myself, for as long as I can remember, I have had stomach issues, but it wasn't until my joints started hurting so bad, some days it was to hard to work.  They tested me for everything you could think of except celiacs.  I just happen to go on a diet with my son, who was having blood pressure issues, in which we eliminated all starches, not carbs, we ate all the fruits and vegetables we wanted, just no wheat, rice, corn, or potatoes.  With in one month my pain was almost gone.  I started eventually adding back in rice and potatoes with no problem, then corn, but once wheat was added my symptoms started again.  I have never been officially diagnosed, but "the proof is in the pudding" so to speak.  I miss my cake, that's for sure and I really miss hot rolls, but I have to weigh the consequences and thank goodness people are trying to make more gluten free options!

http://www.causeyourespecial.com/
Soooooo all of gluten eaters!! Think of your gluten free friends and come get them some cakes or cookies from Ann's!!

No comments:

Post a Comment